Difference between revisions of "Vizon"
m (Messages, not notices)
(→Troubleshooting and FAQ: Updated "How do I claim my prize?")
|Line 85:||Line 85:|
*How do I claim my prize?
*How do I claim my prize?
-the you won , you that you , .
Revision as of 21:41, 16 April 2017
VIzon started as a "lottery game" on Rizon in celebration of the network's ninth birthday on July 2011 to award certain winning users with coloured vhosts. VIzon has been continuing three times a week since it first started.
The typical prizes are as follows:
|First||6||A custom coloured and/or one-worded vhost with bold||120 days|
|Second||5||A custom coloured and/or one-worded vhost||60 days|
|Third||4||A custom coloured and/or one-worded vhost||30 days|
|Consolation||3||A custom coloured and/or one-worded vhost||10 days|
Please note that the colored vhost will still have to abide by the relevant rules of vhost policy.
How to play
- Join the #VIzon channel
/msg VIzon !betwith your chosen six numbers between 1 and 29. Example:
/msg VIzon !bet 1 4 7 14 22 24
- After this, you should receive a confirmation that may look like this:
-VIzon- Your bet of 1 4 7 14 22 24 has been placed for the upcoming draw (No.123). Good luck!
During the period when you have your prized colored vhost on, a.k.a. VIzon Period ("VIP"), your prizes will be multiplied if you win again (With the exception of consolation prizes, which will only extend your vhost by 10 days). The formulae is: Number of days = current remaining days + (normal number of days you would receive from the new prize * the number of times you have won during VIP, counting the original winning)
Sounds confusing? The following example would give you a better idea:
You won the 3rd prize and got 30 days of colored vhost. On the 15th day, you win the lottery again. This time you win the 2nd prize. Instead of receiving 60 extended days of colored vhost, you will receive 60*2=120 days because this is your 2nd time winning during VIP, so your colored vhost will be extended for 120 days on top of your remaining 15 days. Then, during the same VIP, you win the consolation prize. Your VIP will be extended for 10 days as consolation prize does not get multiplied. If say, again, you win the 1st prize before your VIP runs out, your colored vhost will be extended for 120*3=360 days (instead of *4 as consolation prize is not counted in multiplication factors), on top of your current remaining days, etc. You can also enjoy the 1st prize's privilege of having your colored vhost in bold for the rest of your VIP. Moreover, under the new grand prize scheme (see below), you will win the grand prize in this case as your total accumulated days of this VIP will be 520 (30+120+10+360).
Grand prize: if you manage to reach 180 accumulated days or more in total during a single VIP, congratulations, your colored vhost will become permanent!
Troubleshooting and FAQ
- I keep getting the message "Invalid bet", what did I do wrong?
- Make sure you got the command right which should include six non-repeating numbers between 1 and 29 (both inclusive) after "!bet".
- How do I find out the time left till next drawing?
- The time of next drawing is in the channel topic. If you can't figure out the timezone difference, you can refer to this countdown timer.
- Do I need to stay in the channel after placing my bet?
- No, but you are welcome to. The drawing process will also be shown live in the channel so you are welcome to watch.
- How can I find out the drawing result?
- Result of latest drawing can be found in the channel topic. For all past results, you can find it here.
- How can I find out the bets I placed for previous drawings?
-You can check the bets you placed for the last 3 drawings by typing "/msg VIzon !check Drawing_No" (e.g. "/msg VIzon !check 060" would show you the bet you placed for VIzon No.060, provided that you did place a bet).
- What are the channel rules of #VIzon?
- The basic rules that you would expect from any channel: no spamming/flooding, no advertising, do not annoy other users, etc. There is no topic restriction but I would highly recommend you to avoid sensitive subjects.
- Who can play?
-All registered nicks. Each registered nick can only place one bet for each drawing.
- When can I bet and when will the lottery be drawn?
-You can place your bet anytime from 48 hours till 10 minutes before each drawing. The drawing time of next lottery will be announced after the drawing of current lottery, subject to change. Please refer to the channel topic of #VIzon for the most up-to-date drawing time.
- How do I claim my prize?
-If you win, VIzon will notify you directly and via MemoServ with the happy news! In case you have won first prize, it will also tell you that you can select a bold vhost. To claim your coloured vhost, type "/msg VIzon request vhost.here"
- How can I find out the total accumulated days of my current VIP?
-You can check the total accumulated days of your current VIP by typing "/msg VIzon !VIP". It will also show your current multiplication factor.
- Can I request a change of my colored vhost during VIP?
-You can change it whenever you win again.
- All prizes are nick-specific; they are not transferrable, even within the same nick group.
- All prizes will cease if the winning nicks expire or dropped. This also applies to the grand and jackpot prizes, which means it is your responsibility to keep the winning nicks alive.
- We will try our best to draw the announced lottery on time, but we accept no responsibility for any delay or cancellation. All the bets for cancelled drawing will also be cancelled, while those for postponed drawing will be carried forward.
- Lottery is expected to take place thrice a week but subject to change; please refer to the channel topic of #VIzon for most up-to-date information.
- If you are caught breaking any network rule, your VIP will be terminated immediately.