Register your nickname
This command registers your nickname into the Rizon database and makes sure no other user is able to use this nickname. However, Please be aware that nicks expire after 90 days of non-usage.
- Usage: /msg NickServ REGISTER [password] [email]
- Example: /msg NickServ REGISTER mypasswordatrizon firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that the email must be valid as confirmation number sent to this email must be verified in order for the registration process to complete.
- Usage: /msg NickServ CONFIRM [confirmation code]
- Example: /msg NickServ CONFIRM 20sik25t2
This command will cancel the current registration request on your nickname. This is used when the email you used to register is invalid.
- Usage: /msg NickServ CANCEL [password]
Please be aware that you will have to re-issue the registration command with a valid email, and then enter the confirmation code to register.
Resend confirmation code
This command resends the confirmation code to your registered email. If you entered invalid email address, you can use Cancel and re-register with your valid id.
- Usage: /msg NickServ RESEND
Identify your nickname
Now that you have registered your nickname, it is very important to remember to identify EVERY TIME you access Rizon. The password in this case is the password you supplied during nick registration.
- Usage: /msg NickServ IDENTIFY [password]
- Example: /msg NickServ IDENTIFY mypasswordatrizon
To change your nick password:
- Usage: /msg NickServ set PASSWORD new password
- Example: /msg NickServ set PASSWORD supersecretpass123
Note: PASSWORD is the word password, not your old password.
This command groups your CURRENT nickname with your TARGET nickname.
- Usage: /msg NickServ GROUP [TARGET] [password]
- Example: Your main nickname is OldNick which holds access to all your channels (op in some channel, voice in another etc) and you logon to rizon with NewNick, you would now like to have same permissions as your oldnick, you would have to do /msg NickServ group OldNick oldnickspassword.
Please be aware that grouping your existing nick to a newnick will make your old nick loose all access in all channels.
If you logon to Rizon and notice your registered nickname is being used by another user. You can have services retreive this nickname for you through recover. Alteratively, you could use ghost in order to recover your nickname.
- Usage: /msg NickServ RECOVER [nickname] [password]
- Example: /msg NickServ RECOVER OldNick mypasswordatrizon
Following recover, services holds your nickname for one minute. In order to release your nickname sooner:
- Usage: /msg NickServ RELEASE [nickname] [password]
- Example: /msg NickServ RELEASE OldNick mypasswordatrizon
The ghost command is useful when a "ghost" of your nick is present on IRC. The ghost is not really connected but IRC assumes it to be. This could be due to various different reasons such as internet issues, an abrupt shutdown, or another user using your nick. Unlike recover, ghost allows you to reclaim your nick right away.
- Usage: /msg NickServ GHOST [nickname] [password]
- Example: /msg NickServ GHOST OldNick mypasswordatrizon
This command lists the channels the nickname has access on:
- Usage: /msg NickServ ALIST
Removing channel access
One's own access can be removed from a channel via ALIST DEL
- Usage: /msg NickServ ALIST del #CHANNEL
- Example: /msg NickServ ALIST del #Rizon
If you would like to know information about a nick which is registered (last time seen, when it was registered), you can use the command info.
- Usage: /msg NickServ INFO [nick]
- Example: /msg NickServ INFO OldNick
- This will return Information about OldNick such as
- -NickServ- OldNick is oldnick
- -NickServ- Last seen address: email@example.com
- -NickServ- Time registered: Nov 27 13:29:55 2005 MST
- -NickServ- Last seen time: Dec 13 09:54:12 2010 MST
If you would like to logout of services, you can use the command logout. This command makes you not recognized as the owner of the nick.
- Usage: /msg NickServ LOGOUT
- Note: You must be logged on in order to use this command.
Use this command If you would like to drop your nickname for any reason. Please note that the effects of this command are irreversible and you will loose ALL current access to all channels.
- Usage: /msg NickServ DROP [nickname]
- Example: /msg NickServ DROP OldNick
Note: As a security measure, you will be asked to verify the drop command in order to complete the drop procedure.
- Usage: /msg NickServ DROP Jason
- Example: /msg NickServ DROP Jason G1UXZjsjf
Register a channel
Users can use services in order to claim/register an empty channel. Registering a channel keeps the channel name save for the user and gives them the ability to use variety of different Rizon services.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ REGISTER [#channel] [password] [description]
- Example: /msg ChanServ REGISTER #newchannel mynewpassword A brand new channel
- This allows you to register the channel #newchannel with password mynewpassword and with description "A brand new channel". You must be an operator in #newchannel and the channel must not be already registered.
Identify as channel owner
This command allows you to identify to ChanServ as the owner of the channel. You must have the channel password in order to use this command.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ IDENTIFY [#channel] [password]
- Example: /msg ChanServ IDENTIFY #rizonchannel rizonpassword
Unban User from Channel
If you have been banned out of a channel and currently have enough access on that channel, you can use the unban option to unban yourself. This command can also be used to unban any nickname currently in use.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ UNBAN [#channel] [nickname]
- Example: /msg ChanServ UNBAN #rizonchannel
- Example: /msg ChanServ UNBAN #rizonchannel SomeNick
Invite user to a channel
This command is allows you to invite yourself to a channel (imagine invite only channel) if you have sufficient access.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ INVITE [#channel]
- Example: /msg ChanServ INVITE #rizonchannel
- Note that this will only work if you have sufficient access on #rizonchannel
This command allows you to get key (+k) of channel if you have sufficient access on the channel.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ GETKEY [#channel]
- Example: /msg ChanServ GETKEY #rizonchannel
You would then use the command /join [#channel] [key] to enter the channel.
Tells ChanServ to clear certain settings on a channel.
- Usage: /msg ChanServ CLEAR [#channel] [setting]
- Note: This is by default limited to channel founders and Setting can be one of the followings:
- MODES Resets all modes on the channel (i.e. clears modes i,k,l,m,n,p,s,t)
- BANS Clears all bans on the channel.
- EXCEPTS Clears all excepts on the channel.
- OPS Removes modes of users with (o, a, q); lowest to highest and one at a time.
- HOPS Removes channel-halfoperator status (mode +h) from all channel halfoperators, if supported.
- VOICES Removes "voice" status (mode +v) from anyone with that mode set.
- USERS Removes (kicks) all users from the channel.
- NONSSL Removes (kicks) all non-ssl users from the channel.
- Example: /msg ChanServ CLEAR #rizonchannel USERS
MemoServ allows you to send and receive short messages to/from other IRC users or channels, even when they are offline at the time they're sent a memo, they can read it as soon as they come online.
In order to be able to send and receive memos, you need to have identified to a registered nickname.
Sending a memo to a nick or channel:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ SEND [nick|#channel] [memo text]
- Example: /msg MemoServ SEND Peter I'm missing you!
Cancel a memo
Cancelling the last unread memo you sent to a nick or channel:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ CANCEL [nick|#channel]
- Example: /msg MemoServ CANCEL Peter
Listing all or only particular memos you have or a given channel has received:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ #channel LIST NEW
- Example: /msg MemoServ LIST NEW
Note: new lists only new (unread) memos, list 2-4 lists memos numbered 2 through 4. If neither new nor a list is given, all memos will be listed, unread memos are marked with a * to the left of the memo number.
Reading particular memos you or a channel received:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ READ #channel [NUM|LIST|LAST|NEW]
- Example: /msg MemoServ READ new
Deleting particular memos you or a channel received:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ DEL #channel [NUM|LIST|LAST|NEW]
- Example: /msg MemoServ DEL 2
Memo Option Settings
Setting various memo options:
- NOTIFIY - Changing when you will be notified about new memos:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ SET NOTIFY [ON|LOGON|NEW|OFF]
- ON: notification on logon, unsetting /away, and when they are sent to you.
- LOGON: notification on logon, and unsetting /away
- NEW: notification when they are sent to you
- OFF: no notification at all
- Example: /msg MemoServ SET NOTIFY NEW
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ SET NOTIFY [ON|LOGON|NEW|OFF]
- LIMIT - Setting the maximum number of memos you or the given channel can receive:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ SET LIMIT #channel LIMIT
- Example: /msg MemoServ SET LIMIT 5
Note: You cannot set the limit any higher than 20. Setting it to 0 won't allow anyone to send you a memo.
Viewing your (or if given a channel's) amount of (unread) memos, the memo limit, and your notification setting:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ INFO [#channel]
- Example: /msg MemoServ INFO #rizonchannel
Checking whether the last memo you sent to a user has been read or not:
- Syntax: /msg MemoServ CHECK [nick]
- Example: /msg MemoServ CHECK Peter
BotServ allows you to have a bot on your own channel. It has been created for users that can't host or configure a bot, or for use on networks that don't allow users bot. Bot will join a channel whenever there is at least 1 user(s) on it. You can also set a badwords list to kick someone whenever they say a "badword".
Note: Users can request a custom botname if they have 150 or more users in their channel.
To assign a BotServ bot, use /msg BotServ ASSIGN [#channel] [BOT], where #channel is the name of the channel you are assigning it to, and bot is the name of the bot you want in the channel.
- Example: /msg BotServ ASSIGN #rizonchannel |Glorious_Failure|
To list available bots use
/msg BotServ BOTLIST
Note: Since the introduction of new services featuring fantasy commands, all commands of the syntax /msg ChanServ COMMAND #YOURCHANNEL [PARAMETERS] will become .COMMAND [PARAMETERS]. All commands that are available in /msg ChanServ HELP can be used in-channel EXCEPT IDENTIFY, for obvious reasons.
Channel Status Commands
- Voice (+; +v)
- .voice nick
- .devoice nick
- Halfop (%; +h)
- .halfop nick
- .dehalfop nick
- Op (@; +o)
- .op nick
- .deop nick
- Protected/Admin (&; +a) Note: Requires protectmode to be enabled.
- .protect nick
- .deprotect nick
- Owner (~; +q) Note: Requires ownermode to be enabled.
Kicking & Banning Commands
Kicking a user from the channel via BotServ with an optional reason:
- .kick nick reason
- .k nick reason
Kicking and banning a nick from the channel via BotServ with an optional reason:
- .kickban nick reason
- .kb nick reason
- .ban nick reason
Viewing the channel's access list, optionally you can view the access level of a particular nick or list entry only:
- .access list NICK|NUMBER|NUMBER-RANGE
- Example: .access list Jason
- Example: .access list 13
- Example: .access list 13-15
Adding a nick to the access list:
- .access add NICK LEVEL
- Example: .access add Jason 5
Default levels: 3 = voice (+), 4 = halfop (%), 5 = op (@), 10 = protected op/admin (&)
Deleting a nick from the access list:
- .access del NICK|NUMBER|NUMBER-RANGE
- Example: .access del Jason
- Example: .access del 13
- Example: .access del 13-15
Clearing the access list:
- .access clear
Viewing the channel's akick list, optionally you can view the akick entry of a particular nick or list entry only:
- .akick list NICK|NUMBER|NUMBER-RANGE
- Example: .akick list Jason
- Example: .akick list 13
- Example: .akick list 13-15
Viewing the channel's akick list, more detailed than .akick list, optionally you can view the akick entry of a particular nick or list entry only:
- .akick view NICK|NUMBER|NUMBER-RANGE
- Example: .akick view Jason
- Example: .akick view 13
- Example: .akick view 13-15
Adding a nick or usermask to the akick list with an optional reason:
- .akick add NICK|USERMASK REASON
- Example: .akick add Jason spammer
- Example: .akick add Jason*!*@* spammer
Deleting a nick/usermask or list entry from the akick list:
- .akick del NICK|USERMASK|NUMBER|NUMBER-RANGE
- Example: .akick del Jason
- Example: .akick del Jason*!*@*
- Example: .akick del 13
- Example: .akick del 13-15
Clearing the channel's akick list:
- .akick clear
Enforcing an akick on users matching an entry on the akick list who is currently on the channel:
- .akick enforce
Setting a permanent channel ban for an akicked usermask: (If someone tries to remove the ban it will automatically be set again.)
- .akick stick USERMASK
- Example: .akick stick Jason*!*@*
Removing the stick, the ban will be allowed to be removed again.
- .akick unstick USERMASK
- Example: .akick unstick Jason*!*@*
Note: This does not remove the akick.
Checking when a user was last seen on the channel:
- .seen NICK
- Example: .seen Jason
Note: The specified user has to be on the channel's access list.
Viewing information about the channel:
Viewing more detailed information about the channel:
- .info ALL
Note: Requires founder status by default.
If you have a BotServ bot on your channel but these commands still don't work for you, assure that fantasy mode is enabled: /msg BotServ SET #channel FANTASY ON
Request a vHost
In order to request a vHost from HostServ, use the command request:
- Usage: /msg HostServ REQUEST your.vHost.here
- Example: /msg HostServ REQUEST this.is.my.vHost
vHosta are approved by Rizon Staff and must meet requires described at vHost
Approval/Rejection of vHosts are sent in memos and if your vHost has been approved, you can use the following commands to turn it on:
- Usage: /msg HostServ ON
If you would like to turn off your vHost for whatever rease, use the following:
- Usage: /msg HostServ OFF
This commands allows users to sync vHost for all the nicks in their group. It will set the CURRENT nick's vHost to all the group members.
- Usage: /msg HostServ GROUP
FunServ is a custom service provided for Rizon users. FunServ includes Trivia, Quotes, LimitServ, Internets, eRepublik and e-Sim.
For a list of the basic usage of all FunServ services, use /msg FunServ help. It is, however, important to note that only channel founders are allowed to request and remove FunServ services.
Trivia simply allows Trivia to be held in channel on various different topics.
To assign Trivia to your channel, use the following command:
- Usage: /msg Trivia request #channel
- Example: /msg Trivia request #rizonchannel
Some of the other commands that can be used in channel to customize Trivia are:
- .help trivia - Will list all trivia commands.
- .trivia [number] - to start playing.
- .strivia - to stop current round.
- .topten or tt - lists top ten players.
- .rank [nick] - shows yours or given nicks current rank.
- .next - skips question.
- .themes - lists available question themes.
- .theme set <name> - changes current question theme (must be channel founder).
The current question themes in which we have are:
- Theme: Anime, 2323 questions
- Theme: default, 78809 questions
- Theme: Geography, 121 questions
- Theme: History, 64 questions
- Theme: LOTR-Books, 800 questions
- Theme: LOTR-Movies, 455 questions
- Theme: Movies, 731 questions
- Theme: Naruto, 918 questions
- Theme: ScienceAndNature, 96 questions
- Theme: Simpsons, 249 questions
- Theme: Stargate, 2082 questions
In order to remove Trivia from your channel, please use the following command: /msg Trivia remove #channel
- Example: /msg Trivia remove #rizonchannel
Limitserv dynamically limits the number of concurrent channel members in order to prevent join floods in channels containing at least 20 users.
It will not join smaller channels as it's lowest sensible limit is not sensitive enough for small userbases, and lower limits would need to change with each join/part, causing mode spam.
To request LimitServ, use the following command:
- Usage: /msg LimitServ REQUEST #channel
- Example: /msg LimitServ REQUEST #rizonchannel
To remove LimitServ, use the following command:
- Usage: /msg LimitServ REMOVE #channel
- Example: /msg LimitServ REMOVE #rizonchannel
How it works
LimitServ will change the user limit when the current limit has been off by 2 or more users for at least one minute.
- 12:01 -!- mode/#help [+l 25] by LimitServ
12:02 -!- user21 [user@21.V.Host] has joined #help
12:02 -!- user22 [user@R22.V.Host] has joined #help
12:03 -!- mode/#help [+l 27] by LimitServ
The settings shown below are dependant on the current user-count and are not user configurable.
|Current user count||New user limit|
|Less than 100||Current user count + 5|
|100-299||Current user count + 8|
|300-499||Current user count + 10|
|More than 500||Current user count + 12|
Internets is a Rizon internet bot which comes with many various different commands, such as google, qdb, urbandictionary, and more.
In order to request this bot, use the following command:
- Usage: /msg Internets request #channel
- Example: /msg Internets request #rizonchannel
In order to remove Internets from your channel, please use the following command: /msg Internets remove #channel
Usage: .google <what to search for>
Example: [Jason] .google Rizon IRC
[Internets] [Google] Rizon Chat Network (http://www.rizon.net/)
[Internets] [Google] Description: Rizon is an IRC (internet relay chat) network that has been around for 9 years and counting. It is an entirely free service that allows you to setup a channel to chat ...
Calculates an expression
Example: [Jason] .cc 2pi
[Interenets] [calc] 2 * pi = 6.28318531
Rolls X N-sided dice with an optional modifier A (XdN±A)
Example: [Jason] .d 6
[Internets] :: Total 5 / 6 [83%] :: Results  ::
[Jason] .d 3d6 [Internets] :: Total 9 / 18 [50%] :: Results [4, 3, 2] ::
[Jason] .d 3d6+6 [Internets] :: Total 13 / 24 [54%] :: Results [4, 2, 1] ::
Searches for a dictionary definition
[Jason] .dict insufferable
[Internets] :: [1/1] Definition insufferable :: Difficult or impossible to endure; intolerable. ::
Display a random quote from qdb.us
Usage: .qdb random
[Jason] .qdb random
[Internets]  <Hostile> when i woke up i found pictures of Salma Hayek, A turkish guy's
[Internets]  page and my flip flop in my scanner
Search qdb for specific quote
Usage: .qdb search <string>
[Jason] .qdb search rizon
[Internets] QDB quotes found matching "rizon":
[Internets] 38918 2183 19478 30588 2351 8009 42967 18406 46479 48577 46537 50021 32952 71255
Display specific quote from qdb
Usage: .qdb <number to display>
[Jason] .qdb 19478
[Internets]  * Straylight hate hate HATES Verizon ads
[Internets]  <+Straylight> CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
[Internets]  <+Straylight> SCREW YOU THEN
Search for a word on urban dictionary
Usage: .urban <word>
Example: [Jason] .urban jason
[Internets] [1/7] the only name that can be spelled through 5 months of the year.; J - July; A - August; S- September; O - October; N - November; Jason is a very unique name
For words with multiple definitions, allows you to show other definitions
Usage: .urban #number# <word>
[Jason] .urban 4 jason
[Internets] [4/7] Leader of the Argonauts; Legendary Hero associated with Greek Mythology; Same level as Hercules, Ulysses, and Achilles; Smart, Sexy, Very Handsome person; often RF Engineer by day and gigaloo by night. Admired and idolized by many.; I wish I could be like Jason.; Jason is my American Idol.; You are so Jason I'm jealous!
Display a random quote from FML
Usage: .fml random
[Jason] .fml random
[Internets]  Today, I had to go visit my grandma. While in her bathroom, the floss I was using cut my gum, I then proceded to make sounds of slight pain. My grandma was, at the same moment, walking by and said "Don't masturbate in side of my bathroom you sick teen!" Now my grandma thinks I am a sexual pervert. FML
Display a specific quote from FML
Usage: .fml 3826223
[Jason] .fml 3826223
[Internets]  Today, I was getting a haircut. I had my foils in for about 10 minutes when the fire alarm went off. The building then started to fill with smoke and we evacuated. While outside watching the fire being put out, I forgot about my foils. I now have bright bleached yellow and orange hair. FML
Display a weather from specific city/zipcode
Usage: .weather <zipcode/city name>
[Jason] .weather 90210
[Internets] Weather for Beverly Hills, CA 90210: Current: 78°F, Clear, Wind: SE at 0 mph, Humidity: 50%
[Jason] .weather panama city, fl
[Internets] Weather for Panama City, FL: Current: 91°F, Cloudy, Wind: W at 1 mph, Humidity: 59%
Displays 5-day forecast for a location
Usage: .forecast <zipcode/city name>
[Jason] .forecast 90210
[Internets] :: Beverly Hills, CA :: Sunday Fog 25C / 77F 9C / 48F :: Monday Partly Cloudy 22C / 72F 12C / 54F :: Tuesday Partly Cloudy (10%) 23C / 73F 12C / 54F :: Wednesday Mostly Cloudy 21C / 70F 12C / 54F ::
Links a location to your nick that will be used as default location in .weather and .forecast
Usage: .register_location <zipcode/city name>
[Jason] .register_location 90210
[Internets] Jason: registered location Beverly Hills, CA
Translate text from one language to another
Usage: .translate <textlanguage> <targetlanguage> <string>
[Jason] .translate en es What is your name?
[Internets] [t] [from en] -> ¿Cómo te llamas?
[Jason] .translate es en ¿Cómo te llamas?
[Internets] [t] [from es] What's your name?
List of languages supported: