Register your nickname
Mibbit Users: Creating an account at Mibbit does not mean that you have registered on Rizon. Nick registration on Rizon is completely different and not affiliated with Mibbit in any way.
The following command will begin the registration process:
/msg NickServ REGISTER yourPassword email@example.com
Make sure that your password is longer than 5 characters, and that your email is valid.
- Check your email for a response from Rizon. Copy and paste the confirmation code found in the email, which should have the following format:
/msg NickServ CONFIRM ConfirmationCodeFromEmail
If the confirmation code above is not entered within 24 hours, the nickname will be released and available for others to register.
If the confirmation code above was copied correctly and still gives you an error, just type it out by hand. Copying seems to break it in some cases.
Keep in mind that Yahoo and Hotmail seem to block emails from Rizon sometimes, and that you check your spam folder incase you haven't received the email yet.
If you plan to have more than one nicknames, you might want to create a NickServ group. This will allow you to share channels access rights, memos, and configurations across all the nicknames in your group. A NickServ group is limited to 10 nicknames.
To group a new additional nickname with your already registered nickname, make sure this new nickname is not registered to NickServ.
If you want to have (register) a new nickname; e.g., joe142 to be part of your already registered nickname (Main Nick), Joe, do the following:
- Make sure that the new nickname, joe142, is not registered:
/msg NickServ INFO joe142
- NickServ should return a message stating that
Nick joe142 isn't registered.
- Otherwise, if this additional nickname is yours, then skip the next steps: 2 and 3, into the two-step nickname dropping procedure, before continuing; else, choose another nickname, and check it as shown above.
- Assuming that joe142 is not registered, change to this new nickname:
- Finally, group it to your other registered nickname (Main Nick) Joe, using the following command:
/msg NickServ GROUP Joe passwordOfJoe
If succeeded, NickServ will then send you a message confirming that
You are now in the group of Joe.
If you registered the nickname joe142 before grouping, it will not work. You will want to drop the nickname joe142 from registration, as follows:
- Make sure that your current nickname is the registered nickname, which you plan to drop, in this example, joe142, and then type the following command:
/msg NickServ DROP joe142
- NickServ will then return a message, asking you to confirm the drop with a special code, along the lines of:
/msg NickServ DROP joe142 specialCode
After this code has been entered, you are free to retry the grouping process.
Please, note that any channel access associated with joe142 will be removed when dropping it.
You can read about more NickServ commands, as well as other commands, over at the Services Commands page.
Errors while registering
If you did not receive the registration email, or if you entered the wrong email during the registration process, you can cancel the registration process with the following command:
/msg NickServ CANCEL registrationPassword
- To request a reset of your password, type the following command:
/msg NickServ RESETPASS yourNick
- An email will be sent to the email address registered to your nickname from Rizon. Copy and paste the confirmation command found in the email, which should have the following format:
/msg NickServ ENTERCODE yourNick codeFromEmail
Note that this code will expire if not used within 24 hours.
- NickServ will assign you a temporary password with the message
Password changed to tempPassword.Use this temporary password to identify to your nickname with:
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY tempPassword
- If you have successfully identified to your nickname, you can change your temporary password to anything of your own choice:
/msg NickServ SET PASSWORD yourPassword
In step 4, please note that
SET PASSWORD is part of the command, and that you enter your personal password in the part after it; i.e.,
If a nickname has not been identified to for 90 days, the nickname will expire of inactivity, as well as its access on any channels. You will have to re-register it.