Links to scanner/anti virus softwares
From Rizon Wiki
Revision as of 17:11, 11 October 2016 by Linear (Protected "Links to scanner/anti virus softwares" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
- 1 Links to Online Virus Scanners
- 2 Links to Anti-Virus Software
- 3 Links to Anti-Trojan Software
- 4 Links to Personal Firewall Software
- 5 Operating system update links
- 6 Additional Resources
- 7 Detailed System Cleaning Instructions
Links to Online Virus Scanners
Links to Anti-Virus Software
Links to Anti-Trojan Software
Links to Personal Firewall Software
Detailed System Cleaning Instructions
- Update your anti-virus software and run a full system scan. If you don't have one installed, now would be a good time to install one.
- Use one of the web-based online virus scanners to double check your system.
- Download and update one of the anti-trojan programs and let it scan your system.
- Patch your OS with the latest updates available.
- Go to your IRC client's directory and copy your log files and anything you downloaded. If there is anything there that you didn't download yourself, delete it.
- Uninstall your IRC client and delete the directory. This will ensure the removal of any malicious scripts that can't be detected.
- Install the most recent version of your script and make sure that you have the latest version of IRC client. (Most scripts don't come with the latest version of the IRC client.) mIRC versions prior to 6.16 are vulnerable to a number of bugs, which in conjunction with certain scripts or with malicious IRC servers could pose a denial of service or remote code execution threat. Upgrade to the latest version at http://www.mirc.co.uk to protect yourself from these threats.
- Reconfigure your IRC client for your use.
- Consider installing a personal firewall if you don't already have one.
- Review and consider some of the options presented in the Additional Resources section concerning security to help prevent possible reinfection.
- If all these steps fail to remove the infection, you should consider using this service to help you remove the infection.
Only after completing all of the above can you be sure that your system is clean and will not trigger another automated 72-hour ban.