Disable JOIN and PART Messages
/ignore #channel * CRAP
HexChat and XChat
- To hide parts and joins on all channels
- Type in
/set irc_conf_mode 1then press ↵ Enter
- To hide joins and parts for a specific channel
- Right-click the channel, in the channel tree/tab. In the pop-up menu, select Settings → Hide Join/Part Messages
/ignore -channels #channel * JOINS PARTS QUITS NICKS
- To change the default, and hide them on all of the channels
- Tools → Options... (or press Alt + O) to open the mIRC Options dialogue box.
- Go to IRC, and press Events... for the Events dialogue box to pop up.
- Change the option for Joins:, Parts:, and Quits: to Hide ▼
- Press OK then OK again.
- To hide them on a specific channel
- Right-click the channel name, on either the Switchbar (buttons) or Treebar (folder-tree-like list), and select Events... option, for the Events dialogue box to pop up.
- Change the option for Joins:, Parts:, and Quits: to Hide ▼ , then press OK
Snak → Preferences → Channel, and uncheck Parts and Joins.
To disable on all channels: Press ⌘ Cmd + , → Style, and uncheck Show general event messages.
To disable on a specific channel: Press ⌘ Cmd + i and check Disable general event messages.