- The correct title of this article is #chat. It appears incorrectly here because of technical restrictions.
Welcome to Rizon's occasionally-family-friendly chat channel!
Staff: #Chat is supposed to be a fun place, so learn how to take a joke.
Users: #Chat is supposed to be a fun place, so learn how to tell better jokes.
1. Chat is an international channel Respect other peoples' cultures. Everyone is welcome at Chat, as long as they follow the rules. English is however the mandatory language as this makes it easier to moderate the channel.
2. No advertising, excessive messages We are not interested in your start-up community. Do not monopolize the chat with large amounts of messages, or short ones in rapid succession.
3. Do not ask for authority By asking, you may have eliminated your chances of becoming one in the future. If you are genuinely interested in becoming a staff member then a good way to get noticed is to become an active member of the community. Engaging others in intelligent chats is a good way to get noticed.
4. No trolling, flaming, or harassing other users Inciting responses with inflammatory comments, using verbal abuse against other users, or spamming them via chat/PM will not be tolerated. Harassing other users by constantly aggravating them or revealing personal information will be severely punished.
5. Do not attempt to circumvent the rules Ignorance of the rules is not a valid reason for breaking them. Do not attempt to find or create any loopholes in these rules, or try to adapt them in order to have a punishment overturned or to justify your actions. Doing so may incur a further punishment. Make valid appeals directly to the authority of the channel.
Voice (+) is given on a daily basis to anyone who is active and courteous in the channel.
After some time being voiced, halfop (%) is usually given to those who show an overall interest in the channel.
Keeping your access
After gaining access, occasionally users will stop doing what it was that got them granted the access in the first place. Being a good role model and learning how to take a joke would be the best advice in this regard.
On the rare chance you actually have a life, we of course understand not being able to be active 24/7. ;) However if you have been idle for a long period of time you may risk losing your voice or halfop status. This will give other active users a chance to "move up".
Feel free to send a message or memo to funky or Dwarf if you have any issues, praise, concerns or flirtatious remarks.