Chan is being flooded
Jump to navigation Jump to search
My Channel is being flooded! HELP!
- When reporting to #services, do not paste lines directly; instead, pastebin them. If you paste lines, it is considered flooding and you will be akilled for 30 minutes.
Your Channel is Join-Flooded
- Assign LimitServ to your channel:
/msg LimitServ request #channel
You must be the channel founder to do this. LimitServ sets a limit accordingly, so that it won't spam your channel with mode changes, while keeping the flooding out.
- In the case that the flooding is join/part:
/mode #channel +Rand report it to #services immediately (provide logs, nicks, ... etc.).
The +R mode stops non-registered, as well as not-identified, nicks from joining your channel. If that doesn't work,
/mode #channel +iand report the offending nick(s) to #services.
- When the flood has stopped, don't forget to unset the modes (replace the
Your Channel is Text-Flooded by Multiple Users
- Set a BotServ kicker for floods and repeats.
/msg BotServ KICK #channel FLOOD ON 1 lines seconds(3 lines in 5 seconds is sufficient)
/msg BotServ KICK #channel REPEAT ON 1 repeats(2 or 3 repeats, depending on how many times the users repeat)
/mode #channel +Ralso works here; as the users must be registered and identified their selves to the services, before they can join your channel to flood.
In the case that this isn't enough,
/mode #channel +m. This stops all non-voiced users from talking. If your channel is auto-voice for all users,
/msg ChanServ LEVELS #channel SET AUTOVOICE 3(you can change it back to 0 later).
- Report the flood to #services, and provide the pastebin link of the flooding logs.
Your Channel is Targeted by a Single User
kickban them. If they manage to rejoin, report them to #services, and provide the pastebin link for the logs of the kickban up to the rejoin.